Violin Coach and Mentor
About the Opportunity
The Flint School of Performing Arts (FSPA) is looking for a driven, dedicated, and enthusiastic Violin Coach & Mentor to support the development of FSPA youth orchestra violinists through coaching individual, small group and full sectionals and sitting in on rehearsals.
Specific Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in the field and related teaching experience preferred
- Be punctual and maintain regular attendance for scheduled coaching/mentoring. Inform ensemble conductors in advance of absence.
- Work closely in cooperation with ensemble conductors to determine how best to fulfill the basic function of the position.
- Attend Beyond Boundaries Seminar. Incorporate the approach into teaching as possible.
- Maintain an effective rapport with students, parents, staff and visitors (i.e. greet people in hallways).
- Be an effective role model for students and parents, Represent the School to students, parents and community in a positive manner.
- Ability to work with all ages, skill levels, and a diverse student pool
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external patrons
- Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner when under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal, written, and computer skills!
Compensation and Benefit Information:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
- Employee Discounts
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
**The Flint Institute of Music is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status