FIM Orchestra Manager
About the Opportunity
The FIM Orchestra Manager works directly with the President and CEO and Music Director and is a liaison between FSO and all other FIM management personnel. The position is responsible and accountable for all aspects of orchestra operations and artistic administration. The position oversees the FSO Personnel Administrator, Flint Symphony Chorus Directors and FSO Librarian.
Specific Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Develops, implements and monitors performance against the orchestra’s artistic and production budgets.
- The Orchestra Manager works with the Music Director and the President and CEO to develop and implement artistic plans that support the FIM overall artistic vision.
- Responsible for implementing the FSO rehearsal and performance schedule
- Negotiating and fulfilling contracts with guest artists including any coordination of travel and scheduling with the Artist Services team.
- Acts as the liaison with the venue for ensuring scheduling is properly done for all performances and rehearsals.
- The Orchestra Manager is the primary liaison with the musicians of the orchestra, collectively and individually on a day to day basis.
- Scheduling and contracting the sound, lighting and audio, score reader, or video/streaming personnel for performances.
- Coordinates the purchase of archival recordings by eligible FSO musicians.
- Ensures all musical equipment (e.g. pianos, musical instruments) is properly rented for performances;
- Manages the FSO Librarian, FSO Personnel Administrator and Flint Symphony Chorus Directors, and ensures that other tasks that are to be met by the direct reports are completed.
- Ensures that the FSO Librarian has: ordered the music and secured the rights., and submitted the program of music with correct titles and credits for the published playbill;
- Oversee all print and media items representing the orchestra (performance program/playbill, brochures, etc.).
- Attend all events related to the FSO and FSO ensemble performances and FSO / FIM community events, as requested; Collaborate with members of other departments assisting with FSO business.
- Assist the FSO Personnel Administrator in conducting auditions associated with the FSO;
- Oversee the distribution of audition notices and work to ensure that they are widely disseminated and meet FIM IDEA standards;
- Prepare paperwork for new or substitute musicians for each concert
- Submits ticket language to the Ticketing Manager for FSO concerts/ensemble events
- Ensures that the FSO Personnel Administrator submits payroll after each FSO performance to HR and VP of Finance
- Escort Maestro to all interviews and events and act as host/hostess when he is needed at special events.
- Schedule Guest Artist workshops with FSPA
- Collaborate with External Relations to ensure sponsors and donors are properly found, cultivated and commitments are fulfilled
- Additional duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience administrating a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an Orchestra Manager and/or Coordinator
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising a team
- Must be collaborative and strong communicator
- Must be organized and exhibit follow through
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for the community, self – confident and good listening
Compensation and Benefits Information
- Competitive Salary
- Full Time Exempt
- Flexible Schedule
- 401k with Match
- Full Benefit Package
Should you have any questions regarding the opportunities available with the organization, please contact Jane Jaksa, FIM HR Generalist at 810-238-1350 x 3129 or email@example.com