Early Childhood Music Instructor
About the Opportunity
The Flint School of Performing Arts is looking for an Early Childhood Music Instructor to teach Music Makers classes for children ages birth – 5 years and a caregiver.
- Create interactive classes that introduce melodies, rhythms, and sounds while incorporating singing, chanting, moving and dancing.
- Curriculum is based on Gordon Music Learning Theory Techniques.
- Weekday and Saturday classes are scheduled for 32 weeks between September and May.
- Weekday Summer classes are also available.
- Communicate regularly with FSPA Office staff regarding enrollment, attendance, schedule and other organizational issues.
- Communicate with students, parents, and/or guardians on a regular basis to ensure that their needs are met.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field and related teaching experience preferred
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal, written, and computer skills
- Ability to work with all ages, skill levels, and a diverse student pool
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external patrons
- Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner when under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Benefits Information
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Employee Discounts
- 401k Eligible
- Rate: $23 – $28/hour
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
**The Flint Institute of Music is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status**