Café & Concessions Manager
About the Opportunity
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Audience Services, the Café and Concessions Manager will be responsible for all operational aspects of the Capitol Café and concession/bar/merchandise for all venues which include the James H Whiting Auditorium, Flint Repertory Theatre, and the Capitol Theatre. The Café and Concessions Manager plays a key role in establishing and promoting a patron centered culture among their staff and in collaboration with colleagues in all divisions.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Capitol Café operating and/or business plan.
- Assist with scheduling staff for events throughout the FIM buildings/locations.
- Develop benchmarks and measures of success.
- Work with marketing to ensure all material is communicated both in writing and verbally.
- As directed, hire, orient, train, and schedule the team for events or as requested, with a focus on developing a team that delivers exceptional patron experiences.
- Manage and procure products for all areas related to the Café and Concessions.
- Purchase and maintain inventory for merchandise in both Tessitura and ASAP
- Maintain the POS system (Appetize) and provide financial reports as requested.
- Prepare biannual inventory reports.
- Manage all concession workers including bartenders and bar backs.
- Develop and implement training program of customer service expectations and engage staff in utilizing skills to continue to enhance the patron experience.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent in experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours/days reflective of the dynamic schedule of a theatre, which includes a variety of
hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Experience in managing a restaurant/café including managing inventory.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Should there be a statement regarding – commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention detail.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office.
- Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner when under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Cash handling experience required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary, Exempt
- Salary commiserates with experience.
- Full benefits package including Health Savings Account
- Vacation and Sick/Personal Time
- Holiday Pay
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume (both required) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions,
please contact Kyle, Director of HR, Diversity and Inclusion at 810-238-1350 x3129.