About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Café and Concessions, the Bartender serves the patrons at a variety of venues directed by the Flint Institute of Music. These venues include the James H Whiting Auditorium, the Flint Repertory Theatre (Elgood and Bower Theatre), the Capitol Theatre, and MacArthur Recital Hall. The primary role is to assist in providing an audience experience that leaves the patron excited to return again.
Specific Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Prior to every performance/production, read the pre-performance resume to ensure you are properly informed and able to answer questions.
- Double check drawer and product at stand as you will be responsible for these items.
- Ensure that stand is stocked for event. If additional stock is needed, reach out to the supervisor. Do not just grab from other areas.
- Greets patrons as they approach the counter.
- Create an engaging exchanged while the patron waits for their order to be processed.
- Provide patrons with programs or other relevant material.
- Ensure assigned sections are clean and free from debris or any other unsafe material.
- Visually “sweep” the venue periodically to ensure there are no potential safety issues.
- Be aware and enforce house rules as directed by the Sr Manager, Café and Concessions
- Remain at assigned section through the event unless given a break or asked otherwise by the Sr Manager, Café and Concessions or his/her assistant.
- Follow proper procedures for assisting patrons with disabilities.
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner when under pressure
Compensation and Benefit Information
- Part- Time position
- Flexible Schedule
- Non – Exempt
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.