About the Opportunity
Under the direction of the Dance Department Chair, the Dance Instructor provides instruction and coaching for all ages from beginning through advanced levels with room for growth opportunities and department expansion. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with drive and ambition to make a larger impact within the community through the performing arts.
Teach a variety of classes including Children, Intermediate, Advanced, Ballet and Modern Dance) using the FSPA curriculum and, in collaboration with the department chair and faculty.
Communicate regularly with FSPA Office staff regarding enrollment, attendance, schedule and other organizational issues.
Communicate with students, parents, and/or guardians on a regular basis to ensure that their needs are met.
Additional opportunities may include: Dance Ensemble, Adult Ballet, Nutcracker Ballet Master
Provide reporting as necessary from the FSPA office
Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field and related teaching experience preferred
- ABT National Training Curriculum (Certificate Preferred)
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal, written, and computer skills!
- Ability to work with all ages, skill levels, and a diverse student pool
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external patrons
- Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner when under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Benefits Information
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Employee Discounts
Interested applicants must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you require additional information, please call 810-238-1350.
**The Flint Institute of Music is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status**