Under minimal supervision, provides support to the Department Supervisor in the areas of building and ground maintenance. It is essential that this position multi-task. The ideal candidate is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Deals with a diverse group external callers as well as internal contact at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Must be willing and able to handle the physical demands of the position. Schedule primarily five days a week-hours generally 11am to 7pm this may vary based on the needs of the department.
- Building Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance
- Equipment Set Up and Transportation
- Customer service
- Provide support to Department Supervisor
- Provide superior internal and external customer service
- Maintain effective and efficient department operations
- Provide timely and thorough response to identified tasks
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists Department Supervisor in all areas to ensure an effective operation including but not limited to:
c. Heating and Cooling
2. Handling requests for equipment and event setups.
3. Inspecting building and grounds on a regular basis. Puts forth suggestions for improvements.
4. Works with Supervisor to create and follow a building maintenance schedule.
5. Investigating and reporting on damage to buildings with recommendations for repair and prevention.
6. Conducts research and obtains quotes as requested.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Qualifications & Skills:
Education: High School education or equivalent required
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years building maintenance or related experience required
Management experience desired
Electrical experience desired
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to handle the physicality of the job…including climbing ladders, standing, bending over, sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to operate various electronic hand tools and cleaning equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with both telephone and in-person contacts
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle-must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license
- Must possess or be able to obtain a chauffer’s license within 3 months of hire
Submit a completed employment for below
Flint Institute of Music
Attn: Building Maintenance Assistant
1025 E. Kearsley Street
Flint, MI 48503
Application deadline for Building Maintenance Assitant is August 23, 2017.